Site Network: Home Mixology | Compost Bin | Cavemen That Cook | Adventures In The Kitchen |

We've Moved



Green Vodka

When I first heard about this new Green Vodka, the environment wasn't the first thing that popped into my head. I actually thought about the green beer that they serve at pubs on Saint Patrick's Day. But no, 360 Vodka is not the color green, it's environmentally green.

More and more green products are showing up all over the place lately but this is the first one that I've seen in the Alcohol/Spirits Industry. Their website says,

360 vodka is crafted from a philosophy for eco-awareness and corporate responsibility. This ideology is then manifested throughout our greener processes and greener products

So how do you make vodka green? Well they quadruple distill their vodka and filter it five times. This allows for less raw materials being wasted during the distilling process. The bottle is also 85% recycled glass and the paper used in the packaging is processed 100% chlorine free.

They even have a promotion running where you send back the bottle top and 360 will donate a dollar to an environmental cause. These guys aren't just going through the motions, they are actually running their business in an environmentally sound way.

I think this is a great idea and more alcohol corporations should follow their lead. In truth, all corporations in all industries should start considering the eco-footprint that they leave and look for ways to improve their products from an environmental point of view.

But if you're like me, you want to know the most important thing about 360 Vodka. What does it taste like? Well I'll see if I can get my hands on a bottle and set up a taste test. Regardless of the taste, I do think that products like this are a step in the right direction.

Posted by Anthony 3:46 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment