Site Network: Home Mixology | Compost Bin | Cavemen That Cook | Adventures In The Kitchen |

We've Moved



Vacu Vin Wine Saver

The Vacu Vin Wine Saver is a life saver. Well, maybe not a true lifesaver but it does as it says and definitely saves your wine.

I'm sure most of you have seen the recent studies about how drinking a glass of red wine everyday is good for your heart. You'd think that if drinking one glass a day is good for you then drinking a whole bottle would be GREAT for you but sadly it isn't the case.

So what do you do with the rest of the bottle? Just putting the cork back in the bottle is fine for a day or so but if you want to make it last longer you'll need the Wine Saver. The Vacu Vin Wine Saver comes with 2 rubber cork-like stoppers that have valves in them. To keep your wine fresh you first stick the rubber stopper into the bottle. Then you place the small plunger device on top of the rubber stopper and pump the air out of the bottle.

Air is your enemy when it comes to keeping wine fresh. By pumping the air out of the bottle you can delay the oxidation process and keep an open bottle of wine for up to two weeks. Vacu Vin says up to two weeks but I've keep a bottle a lot longer than that with no noticeable effect on taste.

If you're tired of pouring stale wine down the drain or need a break from trying to finish the bottle whenever you're in the mood for a single glass of wine, you should give this Wine Saver a try.

Posted by Anthony 4:37 PM  

3 Comments:

  1. Roughstock Jess said...
    My favorite kitchen toy, for sure.

    Here's another tip for beer drinkers: I bought extra stoppers to use in my beer bombers. When I open a 750 of Hennepin, say, the VacuVin stopper lets me maintain the head in the bottle while I work on the first pint. (I don't use the pump, though).
    Anthony said...
    Wow, great idea. Sounds like you carry these wine saver plugs in your pocket for any occasion. Very Macgyver of you. :)
    Roughstock Jess said...
    You should see what I can do with a stick of gum and a comb!

    (Actually, the only tool I try to keep on my person at all times in a bottle opener...)

Post a Comment